Tuesday, January 4, 2011

He's too skinny

I remember telling my husband during Christmas 2010, that our cat, Rumble, was losing weight and looking skinny.  He agreed, but since his yearly appointment was always at the first of January, we decided to wait and see what our vet said. 

Mama Knows Best!  I should have listening to myself more closely but our vet convinced me that Rumble's weight lose was a natural reaction to the new things in his life:  we bought our first house 3 years ago, added a second dog 2 years ago, and added a kitten one year ago.  Sure, being the owner of a house, two dogs, and a fellow kitten could make a cat lose weight, but I thought there was more to it than that. 

He also began acting differently.  Rumble was always affectionate, but he usually hung around us, not directly on us.  Come to find out, he was exhibiting another symptom called Heat Seeking.  Rumble went from sitting on top of the couch behind us to directly sitting on our laps every chance he got.  I loved every minute of it; I only wish I had known it was a symptom. 

I wish I had listened to myself more closely and had started getting Rumble's blood tested during this first appointment in January.  Don't ever doubt yourself.  Please trust your instincts and push for tests to be done.  Don't let your vet convince your head when your heart knows that something is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment