Monday, April 4, 2011

Worried Sick

I have a new appreciation for the phrase, "worried sick".  I have never in my life been as sick as I was Sunday night, April 3rd.  I've heard stress can take a physical formation, but I didn't truly believe it.  I was so sick that I could hardly function when I took Rumble back up to OSU for his surgery. 

His surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, April 5th at 10am.  I really liked his surgeon.  She explained that not only does Rumble have cancer but he has really rare cancer.  No one on the staff has ever seen/treated a cat for this type of cancer and there are currently only 20 cases in the whole US being reported.  Great!  Just what I wanted to hear, right?  I cried on the surgeon, hugged and kissed Rumble good bye, and let my student take him back.  I hope he understands. 

So my surgeon walked me to the front desk and I just lost it.  Completely lost it on the poor waiting room receptionist.  I would not enjoy riding that roller coaster.  How those women handle themselves when people are just crying and dripping snot all over their clean counters, I just don't know?  She was trying to get information from me and I was just sobbing so hard that I couldn't get words out.  My surgeon brought my check out papers, handed them to the lady, helped me get my wallet out, gave me a hug and said she would do her best.  I guess that's all I could ask for. 

I went to my car, nearly dehydrated myself through tear loss, prayed for Rumble and his new surgeon, and drove home.

No comments:

Post a Comment